homeDécouvrir le muséeLa collectionLes aéronefsSncase Alouette II Marine

Sncase Alouette II Marine

The Alouette II is a light versatile helicopter built by the French manufacturer SNCASE (later Aerospatiale) between 1948 and 1975. It was the first helicopter in the world fitted with a gas turbine to achieve certification, a revolution for the time. 

Designed for the French Navy, first to deploy the Alouette II, this helicopter had its skids replaced by a four-wheel Messier undercarriage for ease of movement on the deck of a ship.  These aircraft were used to train the first naval air arm pilots.

The military version of the Alouette II was used for surveillance, liaison, search and rescue. It was used by the ALAT (French Army light aviation) equipped with SS-11 missiles. In France, they were withdrawn from service in 1999.